LONDON: Olympic athletes realise there is still four months to go before the Tokyo Games and preparations will be in line with protecting their health from the coronavirus, the International Olympic Committee (IOC) President Thomas Bach said on Wednesday.
In a statement made after a “really great” and “very constructive” conference call with 220 athletes representatives, Bach said the IOC heard their concerns on health and preparation as the virus wreaks havoc across the globe.
“Everybody realised that we have still more than four months to go and we will address this action, and we will keep acting in a responsible way in the interest of the athletes,” he said.
more from times of india Sports
- TOISA 2019: Honoured to receive this award, says weightlifter Sathish18 Mar, 2020, 1219 hrs IST00:38
- Glad to share TOISA 2019 stage with Indian icons: Manu Bhaker17 Mar, 2020, 1200 hrs IST00:46
- TOISA 2019: The award will encourage others, says Dutee16 Mar, 2020, 1720 hrs IST01:06
- TOISA 2019: I credit team effort for my award, says Harmanpreet Singh16 Mar, 2020, 1012 hrs IST00:45
- TOISA 2019: Hard work decides your success, says Pramod Bhagat15 Mar, 2020, 1238 hrs IST00:40
- TOISA 2019 winner Manika Batra feels motivated14 Mar, 2020, 1511 hrs IST00:36
- Age is just a number, says TOISA 2019 winner Vijender Singh12 Mar, 2020, 1424 hrs IST00:59
- The legend of Balbir Singh Sr11 Mar, 2020, 1312 hrs IST03:59
- We are recalibrating the entire sports system in the country: Kiren Rijiju11 Mar, 2020, 1219 hrs IST03:46
- Here’s what Praggnanandhaa said after winning TOISA ‘Chess Player of the Year’ award10 Mar, 2020, 0745 hrs IST00:48